top of page

Servicios en Espanol

Public·64 Miembros

Akiba Rubinstein: The Chess Legend and His Book by Razuvaev

Akiba Rubinstein: The Chess Legend and His Book by Razuvaev

Akiba Rubinstein was one of the greatest chess players of all time. He dominated the chess scene in the years before World War I, winning five consecutive tournaments in 1912 and challenging Emanuel Lasker for the world championship. He was renowned for his flawless endgame technique, especially in rook endings, and his deep positional understanding. He also contributed to the opening theory of many variations, such as the Meran, the Rubinstein French, and the Nimzo-Indian.

Akiba Rubinstein Razuvaev Pdf 11

However, Rubinstein's life was not easy. He suffered from mental health problems, which worsened after the war and prevented him from fulfilling his potential. He retired from chess in 1932 and spent his last years in a sanatorium. He died in 1961, largely forgotten by the chess world.

Fortunately, his legacy was revived by a remarkable book written by Yuri Razuvaev and Vladimir Murakhveri in 1980. The book, titled Akiba Rubinshtein in Russian, was part of the famous "Black Series" of biographies published by Fizkultura i Sport. It contained a detailed biography of Rubinstein's life and career, as well as 100 annotated games that showcased his brilliant style and achievements.

The book was a huge success among chess fans and professionals alike. It inspired many young players to study Rubinstein's games and learn from his example. One of them was Boris Gelfand, who later became a world championship challenger. He said: "When I was nine my father bought me the volume on Rubinstein by Razuvaev and Murakhveri... When I came home from school I got so excited by this book that I went through it all the way without a board. And when I came to the end, I started reading it from the beginning again!"

Razuvaev was a strong grandmaster himself, as well as a respected coach and writer. He had a gift for explaining complex ideas in simple words and highlighting the key moments of each game. He also added his own analysis and insights, correcting some mistakes and omissions from previous sources. Murakhveri was a journalist and historian who provided the biographical details and historical context for Rubinstein's life.

The book has been translated into several languages, but surprisingly not into English yet. It remains one of the most important and influential books on chess ever written. It is a must-read for anyone who wants to appreciate the genius of Akiba Rubinstein and learn from his legends[^1^] [^2^].

War Years and Later Career

The outbreak of World War I in 1914 disrupted the chess world and prevented the match between Lasker and Rubinstein from taking place. Rubinstein remained in Poland during the war and played only a few tournaments. He also suffered from mental illness, which affected his performance and confidence. He was diagnosed with schizophrenia and spent some time in a psychiatric hospital.

After the war, Rubinstein resumed his chess career, but he was no longer the dominant force he had been before. He still played some brilliant games and won some strong tournaments, such as Vienna 1922, where he defeated Capablanca in their individual encounter. He also participated in several world championship qualifying events, such as London 1922, New York 1924, Moscow 1925, and Budapest 1926, but he failed to secure a match with the new champion, Alexander Alekhine.

Rubinstein's last tournament was Margate 1932, where he finished third behind Alekhine and Flohr. He retired from chess shortly after and lived in seclusion with his family in Belgium. He was persecuted by the Nazis during World War II and survived thanks to the help of some friends. He died in 1961 in Antwerp.

Legacy

Rubinstein is widely regarded as one of the greatest chess players of all time and one of the most influential figures in chess history. His contributions to chess theory are immense and lasting. Many opening variations bear his name, such as the Rubinstein Variation of the French Defense (3...dxe4), the Rubinstein Variation of the Nimzo-Indian Defense (4.e3), and the Rubinstein Attack in the Symmetrical English (1.c4 c5 2.Nf3 Nf6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 e6 5.g3 Qb6). He also pioneered many ideas in other openings, such as the Meran Variation of the Semi-Slav Defense, the Exchange Variation of the Ruy Lopez, and the Four Knights Game.

Rubinstein's endgame skills were legendary and have been studied by generations of players. He was particularly adept at rook endings, where he demonstrated remarkable precision and creativity. He also composed several endgame studies that are considered classics. His book on rook endings, co-authored with Grigory Levenfish, is still a valuable reference work.

Rubinstein's games are a source of inspiration and instruction for chess lovers. His style was elegant, harmonious, and logical. He excelled at exploiting small advantages, creating weaknesses in his opponent's position, and converting favorable endgames. He also had a keen tactical eye and could unleash brilliant combinations when the opportunity arose. His book by Razuvaev and Murakhveri is a testament to his genius and a tribute to his legacy[^1^] [^2^] [^3^]. 0efd9a6b88

https://www.noboundarieswithin.com/group/mysite-200-group/discussion/e020cb18-be64-4ab4-a848-aead551fba02

https://www.ainfgib.com/group/mysite-200-group/discussion/89f9f9ca-013d-4e51-b598-865c12089948

https://es.111motors.com/forum/ask-us-anything/turtle-odyssey-2-an-underwater-adventure-game-for-all-ages

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page